Mum's Net

mumsnet

Wednesday 22 February 2012

when nothing big happens

On Friday we went to the Southbank to see the children's festival  "Imagine".  We took Odessa to two music related workshops, both very interesting and stimulating. The general atmosphere of the festival was wonderful, and there were little things happing all over the place, such as arts/crafts or a Monster runing around for the kids to follow.


There was also a food market with international cuisine - Odessa and Tim went for Polish sausages which made me love them even more! (I had a boring salad).


Unfortunately I didn't manage to take photographs of the actual shows - I could hardly stretch my legs let alone take my camera out of the bag.  Never mind, I was sure the opportunity would come later.  After the workshops we went for a well deserved coffee at the Southbank Centre (with a view of the Hayward Gallery - one of my favourite London buildings) where Odessa discovered a glass lift - she was mesmerised by it... so very often the the best pictures are taken when nothing big happens...



Odessa loves to have a big open space around her... 



..sometimes she decides to watch world around from different perspective... 



And that's how she looks after ten minutes flat on the floor...


And the last image I would like to dedicate to all my friends who, due to lack of photographic evidence, start doubting I exist... well there I am - proud mum of one funny little girl called Odessa... 

This amazing photograph was taken by my partner, Tim (who also persuaded me to add this credit).

No comments:

Post a Comment