Mum's Net

mumsnet

Tuesday 27 November 2012

Birthday!

Wow! Odessa had another wonderful birthday, thank you very much to all her lovely little friends, she keeps saying how much she loves all of you and I  was very glad to see all your happy faces. 

Like I mentioned in the previous post, she started her birthday very early. After a morning with her parents she went to her nursery, proudly riding her new green scooter and wearing her cat dress. She was mega-excited! Everyone in nursery made fuss over her and when school finished, I went to pick her up with Lelia - which was a surprise for her. She was the happiest girl in the world when she saw her friend waiting for her. 

At home we prepared a carton box house for the kids,  which they could all decorate (the house was very much liked by everyone, even the cats!) and later in the evening we had a treasure hunt in the garden. I bought some £1 torches from Tiger for the children and it was one of my best ideas so far I think. Kids loved running in the garden with torches and finding chocolate coins. Now I use the torch to read for Odessa in dark (so cool!) and for shadow theatre. Honestly go to tiger and get yourself a torch - such a fantastic toy :)

Anyway Tim cooked lovely and healthy food (he even made his own humus) and baked the best birthday cake ever - Caribbean carrot cake, we served hot wine for adults and had jacket potato mice for the kids.  House was full of laughing children - which is still my favourite sound.  



















No comments:

Post a Comment